I am so sorry for the TERRIBLE layout of this blog! It was actually pretty nice but one day everything went all amuck ??? No clue what happened....and since I don't really post here anymore I haven't bothered to figure it out. SORRY!!!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Inspiration...

.
Sorry, I'm putting another doodle here.  I have been so neglectful of this blog I need to put something of what I have been doing lately!  I have been so busy with helping folks with garage sales, card making, and wedding planning that the only "me" thing I've done in weeks is doodle (since I love doing it because I don't have to think to do it)

Here ya go...yet another example of starting without a plan and being surprised with what I end with.    
This is the simi-final product... I did it in color and don't like it so this is all I'm willing to show you.  I have decided that I like drawing ... and not so much the coloring.  
I know it is kinda hard to read... It says "Let the Princess In You Rule" (I LOVE THAT!...not original)



It all started with this graphic that I got from the Graphics Fairy.  I just love it and I wanted to see if I could copy it....

My version:
Can I just say that that is one of the hardest things I've drawn so far!?!  I don't know why, it really should be simple! but I kept having to turn the paper around to try and get the jagged sides of the leaves to be jagged in the right direction!  WEIRD!!  Anyway, that one is going to have to take some practice!  I love the look of it so I'm willing to practice.


As I was drawing the above I thought how much it looks like the filigree on decorated cakes like this one:...Isn't it pretty?  I love everything about it except it is covered in fondant. UGH! UGH! UGH!  So now I'm in search of pretty cakes and pinning them in my "Doodles" folder...which I'm sure is confusing to most folks! :-)











So that led to this: 

I started practicing with the top scroll and thought now what?
That led to the sides 
and the princess was the natural progression since I didn't have any words to put in such a fancy frame!  BUT I really like it so I'm pretty certain you'll be seeing it again!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, leave a comment, I would love to know you stopped by!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones