I am so sorry for the TERRIBLE layout of this blog! It was actually pretty nice but one day everything went all amuck ??? No clue what happened....and since I don't really post here anymore I haven't bothered to figure it out. SORRY!!!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

IT WORKS!!!

I spend HOURS a day looking at Pinterest, and the blogs that link from there!  I LOVE IT!  But I will say this, I tend to question some of the home remedies folks offer up sometimes.  Not sure why I doubt, but I always want a 2nd or 3rd opinion.... Like the one where you can swish Peroxide in your mouth like mouthwash and it will whiten your teeth in just a few days....Hummmmm....not too anxious to try that one.


There is one that I decided it wouldn't hurt to give a try .... Cleaning silver with salt/water and baking soda..... seems easy, and cheap enough to give it a go.  I don't have any silver to clean but a friend has TONS of it all over her house...all tarnished and in much need of some loving attention.  Yesterday she called and asked me to come over and help her start the process of cleaning it all.  Well, let me just say here, there is a reason I don't have any!!!  I DO NOT LOVE cleaning silver!!!!  Standing by a sink for hours on end rubbing that nasty silver paste until you finally get to see a bit of a spark... UGH! UGH! UGH!  So, I decided that if I was going to help I was going to try something easier!


From Pinterest:
(you can click on the link to see pictures I only had my cell)


Line your sink with aluminum foil.
Run HOT water into the sink and add
1/2 cup baking soda
1/2 cup salt


Put your silver into the water and let it soak for about 30 minutes.


LOOK!!!! AMAZING!!!  LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!




Sorry the picture isn't any better, I had to use my cell phone and I never know what it will really look like until its too late to do anything about it.... But, I think you can see the difference in the candelabras!


Do you remember Tarnex?  It was so STINKY stuff that you dip silver into and it instantly cleans it!  But, it was pretty expensive....and STINKY!  Well, this worked almost as quickly as Tarnex so I didn't leave thing in as long as 30 minutes, I took them out as soon as I saw it had worked.


We finished everything in just 2 hours!  YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, leave a comment, I would love to know you stopped by!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones