I am so sorry for the TERRIBLE layout of this blog! It was actually pretty nice but one day everything went all amuck ??? No clue what happened....and since I don't really post here anymore I haven't bothered to figure it out. SORRY!!!

Monday, September 10, 2012

"Jesus Hasn't Been Touched"

.
Several years ago my brother decided to carve a 6 foot Jesus hanging on a 12 foot cross and put it in his front yard!  ???  No, he isn't Catholic, but he does live in Louisiana so the crucifix is not an unusual site.... except maybe in front yards!  Thankfully, he lives in the country between Baton Rouge and Zachary so no one can complain!  They actually did a little segment on it on the local TV station and lots of folks drove by to check it out, some even stopping to take a closer look.

He carved the body part from a single log (thus limiting the size of the body) and just added the arms from branches of that same tree.

I have been looking for my pictures of it all morning but can't find them ???  On August 29th, the day after (?) the hurricane hit Louisiana,  I got a text message on my phone with this picture and the caption  "Jesus hasn't been touched"


All that stuff around the cross that looks like big bushes is actually huge branches from the oak tree next to the cross....He weathered the storm.

2 comments:

  1. This is fun to read. I love your pinterest posts and have seen you there enough to know we share a lot of interests, mainly the Lord. Just wanted you to know that I appreciate you and your posts!
    Carol Storm, midwifegrandma@gmail.com in Mississippi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol! I've seen your name a few times on Pinterest too! I have a feeling that since you are in Mississippi and I'm from Louisiana, now Georgia, we DO have a lot of the same interest! Isn't Pinterest awesome, so much better than Facebook. I know that people that follow me on Pinterest know me WAY MORE than the friends on Facebook :-)
    Listen, thanks so much for saying "HI" I love knowing someone is "out there" checking in occasionally. It amazes me how active this blog is since I haven't posted here in forever! But, the tips hold up so there is not time limit on that. Heck, I still go back to some of my post to find fun sites I have visited to play :-)
    THANKS AGAIN! See you "out there"!

    ReplyDelete

Please, leave a comment, I would love to know you stopped by!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones